The Nominations/Elections Committee is unique in that its role and responsibilities are defined by Section III of the association’s Constitution. The committee is charged with responsibility for preparing and certifying a slate of candidates for the following positions on the Executive Board: President, President-Elect, Treasure, Secretary, Regional Representatives (I, II, III) and Statewide Representative at each annual election. The committee publicizes the election process and events, and actively encourages and support members who are interested in seeking office.
Nominations/Elections Committee Chairs
Frank W. Morelli
Lake County Adult Probation
215 W Water St
Waukegan IL 60085
Ken Burn, Director
Ogle County Judicial Center
106 5th St Suite 100
Oregon IL 61061
(815)732-1180 Ext. 234
You may also contact the committee chairs at:
The 2016 election process is now open. Click below for the 2016 Executive Board Election Packet;
Ballots are due via email to; email@example.com prior to October 1, 2017. Only paid members of the Association are eligible to vote. Voting will also take place at the 2017 Fall Conference in Kane County on Wednesday (10/18/17) and Thursday (10/19/17) between 11:00am – 2:30pm.
Note: If email is unavailable you may send your ballot to: IPCSA, PO Box 474, Effingham, IL 62401, but it must be received no later than October 1, 2016.
Elections and Terms of Office
Qualifications for Elected Office
The following is a list of minimum qualifications necessary for an individual to be eligible to run for office in the Association:
- A Full member of the Association
- Demonstrated active participation in a committee and/or special projects of the Association for at least two (2) years as approved by the Executive Board
- Approval by appropriate Judicial Officer or designee to attend, travel, and devote time to Association business
- Verification of qualifications by Nominations/Elections Committee to the Executive Board
- For appointment to the office of Representative Chair, any candidate must have served as a chair or co-chair on any committee for a minimum of two (2) years
A candidate seeking a position with the Executive Board may follow either of the following processes;
- Two nominations (first and second) made from the floor at the Spring Conference business meeting for the Fall elections
- A letter of intent with two nominations (first and second) sent via email to the Nominations/Elections Committee Chair(s) no later than June 1st for the Fall elections
In either case, a candidate seeking to be elected to the Executive Board must have obtained his/her appropriate Judicial Officer approval in writing to attend, travel, and devote time to Association business and submitted to the Nominations/Election Committee Chair. The Judicial Officer providing support must be given adequate information regarding the time, travel and commitment necessary to serve as an Executive Board member (see attached template).
Appropriate Judicial Officer approval may be as follows;
- If a CMO/Director is seeking to be elected, the appropriate Judicial Officer is his/her Chief Judge
- If a Deputy Director is seeking to be elected, the appropriate Judicial Officer is his/her Director/CMO
- If a Supervisor is seeking to be elected, the appropriate Judicial Officer is his/her Director/CMO
- If a Probation Officer is seeking to be elected, the appropriate Judicial Officer is his/her Director/CMO
If there are any questions with regards to the qualifications or process, contact the Elections/Nominations Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a candidate has been verified by the Nominations/Election Committee to proceed as a candidate for election, he/she must submit a candidate statement for publication in the Summer edition of the Outlook during the calendar year of the election. Candidates may review prior candidate statements for a general format, but must submit the candidate statement no later than June 1st during the calendar year of the election.
Click here for the Judicial Officer Approval Template: Judicial Official Approval-FINAL