Probation and Court Services work encompasses supervision and counseling of individuals within the community who are involved with the criminal and juvenile justice systems. Our profession provides information directly to the courts and other agencies, which may aid in dispositional decision-making. As a court services officer, I commit myself to conduct my professional relationships in accord with this Code and subscribe to the following statements:
- I will endeavor to be honest and sincere with individual clients and with my fellow professionals.
- I will respect the individuality of each person with whom I am in contact, and approach each case with diligence.
- I will endeavor to continue to upgrade my personal and professional development through
education and training.
- I will continue to work and cooperate with my fellow professionals and their prospective agencies to improve the quality of service offered to the individuals we serve.
- I will not make judgments, which may be prejudicial to the individual, and will focus on what is objective and pertinent to the case.
- I will distinguish clearly, in public, between my statements and actions as an individual and as a representative of my profession.
- I will hold my profession in the highest esteem and perform to the best of my abilities.
- I will not accept gratuities of any kind.
- I will conduct myself in the community in a manner as to not diminish the integrity of the court or my profession.
- I will stay within the boundaries of my profession-and direct individuals to appropriate resources when necessary and proper.